Got woken at 2am with the cat doing cartwheels around the bedroom. Didn’t work out until I went to get dressed for work that she’d managed to catch a bird and deliver it to the room. She’s well proud of it.
Went out for a ride in the Waitaks this morning; uploaded to MotionBased and Garmin Connect. I’m unsure which of these two services to continue using. They both have their merits and pitfalls with Garmin Connect going very Web 2.0.
The new Santa Cruz Blur XC has been released in carbon. It’s their first foray into carbon frames and the report says that they were worried about it’s strength so they doubled the tests that they would normally run on an alu frame and it’s stronger than "just about every frame we make."
I quite like what Santa Cruz are doing with their bikes especially around the serviceability of the pivots with grease points and bushings. It will make them last a whole heap longer than running the standard sealed bearings and the ones they do use have a lifetime warranty.
No comments:
Post a Comment